What should I do?
If you’ve been bullied or discriminated against, here are some steps you can follow to make sure you can make a clear and complete report to your school, if you choose to do so.
- Document, document, document!
- We know that any time you experience bulling or harassment it can really throw you off, but it’s vital to make sure you know where, when, and who was involved in any incidents. This makes it easier for your school to help.
- Make sure you know what was said or done to you, in as much detail as possible.
- Tell someone!
- You have the right to go to school and be free from bullying and harassment. If you experience any of that, go to someone you trust at your school and tell them. Or tell your parents.
- If you don’t feel comfortable with that, contact us and we will help however you’d like.
- Get help and support!
- You’re not alone. Our advocates can help you get connected with supports in your community. Connect with our Director of Youth Engagement, Dana Van Renterghem, by emailing email@example.com.