Current Openings with Iowa Safe Schools:
Iowa Campus Coalition Intern
Classification: Intern, 10 hours/week
Desired Start Date: September 18th, 2017
- Build capacity for the Iowa Campus Coalition, a new program to provide services and support to LGBTQ college students.
- Coordinate electronic mediums and content including website information, social media posts, and creating videos.
- Support the work of the Iowa Campus Coalition Leadership Board including organizing meetings, producing Board packets, and working with the President of the Leadership Board to develop agenda items.
- Organize the first college-level LGBTQ conference in Iowa to be held in the Spring 2018.
- Produce resources for college-LGBTQ student organizations.
- Create a listserv of college-LGBTQ student organizations and Allied organizations.
- Perform other duties as assigned
Qualifications (An ideal candidate will have the following experience and qualifications):
- Sophomore to senior in a college or university • Transportation to be in the Iowa Safe Schools’ office approximately 10 hours a week.
- Knowledge and understanding of culturally specific needs of LGBTQ youth • Excellent writing, public communication, and speaking skills
- Passion about supporting a marginalized population including trans* and LGBTQ youth of color
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, Powerpoint, and Outlook
- Willingness to travel to other campuses
- Social media savvy
- Support the mission of Iowa Safe Schools
Additional Information (Please click here):
- Trans and LGBTQ persons of color are encouraged to apply.
- This is an unpaid internship.
- Please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com with a subject of Iowa Campus Coalition Intern.